The Construction Industry Scheme
The Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sets out the special tax rules for subcontractors who work in the construction industry and how payments must be handled by contractors.
This is an extra administrative function in an already demanding business and penalties are imposed if this scheme is not dealt with properly and in a timely manner.
If you would like to be able to get on with your business without having to worry about the ins and outs of the CIS, then RPC Accountants can administer the scheme along with your payroll.
Services we provide for contractors:
- Register you with HMRC as a contractor
- Verify your subcontractors with HMRC
- Ensure you pay your subcontractors correctly within the scheme
- Supply deduction statements to the subcontractors
- Keep your records in good order and supply HMRC with monthly returns
For further details, please contact us.